When I accept Christ’s death, as a gift, I become a child of God. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
What does Jesus death on the cross mean in my life? “To all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God” (John 1: 12 RSV). If you would like to receive Christ into your life right now, follow these simple steps:
- Recognize you must die. “The wages of sin is death…” (Romans 6:23).
- Realize you cannot save yourself. “Without Me (God) you can do nothing” (John 15:5).
- Repent and confess to God that you are a sinner. “All have sinned…” (Romans 3:23).
- Believe Jesus died for your sins. “For God so loved the world that He gave…” (John 3:16).
- Believe that Jesus forgives you of sin. “If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9)
- Believe that you have eternal life. “He who believes in Me has everlasting life” (John 6:47).
Now live in faith everyday in your new way of life. “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6).